Ask any teen and they’ll probably tell you that there is no good time to get braces, however, summertime is actually the very best time to get braces.
- Time to Adjust - It’s no secret that getting braces can be pretty daunting to the self-esteem of a teenager. Giving them a few months to get used to their braces without being surrounded by their peers at school can make a huge difference in their confidence overall. Similarly, summer helps teens learn important things about wearing and caring for their new braces.
- Time to Break in the Braces – Braces can make talking and eating difficult. Braces can also initially disrupt sports or extra-curricular activities like Choir or Band. Summertime is the perfect time to relearn how to do some of those tasks as trying to relearn these things during the school year can make getting braces even more stressful than the process already is for most teens.
- Fewer Responsibilities - Most teens have far fewer responsibilities during the summer than they do during the school year. No homework, no projects and fewer sports commitments can make scheduling appointments a lot easier.
Did you know…
Orthodontic treatment is ideal during the teenage years as this is the time for quick growth and change, which makes it easier to shape your teen’s bite and smile. Braces can solve a number of oral health problems, including:
- Gaps between teeth
- Open bite where some teeth cannot properly touch each other
- Crossbite where both the upper and lower teeth are misaligned
Kelly Orthodontics is conveniently located in St. Charles, IL. We have early morning and evening appointments and do our best to accommodate your schedule. Dr. Daniel Kelly offers complimentary consultations, flexible payment options and accepts most major insurance plans. Please visit our website to schedule your teen’s orthodontic appointment.